Waikato A&P Photographic Competition
Welcome to the annual Waikato A&P Show Photography Competition!
It’s time to show off your creative skills by taking a photo that makes the judges stop and stare in awe. You’ll have three categories to choose from, all of which include a chance to win prize money. Share with the community what you see through your lens, it’s worth a shot!
ENTRIES CLOSE: Friday 19 October 2018
- Rural Life – Capture the beauty, heartache, challenge or pure joy that comes from our rural experience. In this category you can feature animals or people or neither. It is the emotion that should reach out from your work.
- Scenic- “Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” – Roman Payne. Showcase the natural beauty in our world; the diversity of our planet offers sand, sea, sky and galaxies to find inspiration.
- Motion – Capturing movement in a single frame.
Competition Age groups
- Youth 5-10
- Entry fee: Free
- Max 2 entries per category
- College 11-17
- Entry fee: $2 per entry
- Max 2 entries per category
- Adult 18 +
- Entry Fee: $4 per entry
Winning prize for each category in each age group
- 1st place $25
- 2nd place $15
- 3rd place $10
With a Public Choice vote to be awarded rosette and prizemoney.
Post photos to: Waikato A&P, Photograph Comp, PO Box 14161, Hamilton 3252
Hand deliver photos to: The Waikato A&P Association, 800 Heaphy Terrace, Level 2
Rules for photography competition
- The photograph must be one of the categories given, printed on entrant’s choice of paper of maximum of A4.
- If required, the Waikato A&P Show will supply complementary backing paper before displaying for judging.
- All entry forms and fees need to be given to the Waikato A&P Assn by October 5,2018.
- All photos need to be delivered either through post or brought into the Waikato A&P office no later than Friday 19 October, 2018.
- All entries will be available for collection as of 6th November from the office at 800 Heaphy Terrace
If required to be posted or couriered back to exhibitor after completion, then please enclose a prepaid self-addressed envelope of suitable size.
- Photos can be coloured or black and white. Entries will be judged by a suitably qualified person.
- A public choice of best overall photograph will be a separate competition. Refer to Prize Section.
- The competitor remains as sole owner of the photograph, however the competitor agrees to allow at no cost to the organisers of the Waikato A&P Show the right to have copies of the photograph made and used for future promotional purposes.
- The Waikato A&P Show will endeavour to protect the photographs from any damage or theft at all times, however, the competitor accepts full responsibility of any said loss.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into thereafter.
- Waikato A&P reserve the right not to display all entries if categories are oversubscribed.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Prize money will be paid by direct banking within four weeks i.e. 26/11/2018. Bank A/C must be listed on entry form for you to receive prize money. If you have not received your prize money by this date please notify the office immediately. Notification must be made no later than the 07/12/18. Notification after this date will not be considered.
If promised sponsorship is not forthcoming the Association cannot be held liable.
All entry fees and prize money are GST inclusive.
Any exhibitor who fails to comply with the rules, may forfeit their prizemoney.